Monday 16 September 2013

Basket Weaving

The basket was quite complicated and it was hard weaving it at the start because it didn;t have any weaving on it.  When I got use to it, it got easier as I went.
Kaed

My basket was fun going over, under, over, under.  I am trying to do my best, it was easy and the best thing ever was making the weaving. 
Nathan

Today around 9:45 am I finished my basket.  It took a long time to make it because we had to weave and weave and weave.  Luca and I worked really nicely because we never fought.  First we had to make the poles then it was time to weave.  In my head I thought it was going to be really tough and hard but it ended up being really easy.
Noah C

I made my basket in 3 days.  Looking at the video it looked easy but it was hard.  Mine looks like a crab pot.  Thanks to Mrs Wilkinson and Mum - otherwise I would still be making my basket now.
Jack G

On Friday Room 9 made some baskets.  We made them out of rolled up pieces of newspaper.  It was really complicated when we started to weave.  First we got a kebab stick, second we got a piece of newspaper.  Thirdly we rolled the newspaper up then cut two cardboard circles and started to weave over, under, over, under and it started to get bigger and bigger.
Aliya

I liked making the basket but it was frustrating because I didn't realise that I only had eight scrolls for the base so it wouldn't weave properly.  I would change how thick my scrolls were and to try and make it less wonky.
Shanelle



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sharing your thoughts and comments about your baskets Room 9. I have seen them in your room and wondered how you made them. I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed Room 9. Now I know what to do with my rubbish.

    Mrs H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Room 9
    I saw these n your room when I was on duty. They look great!
    Mrs McAllister

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool how did you make them *.*

    ReplyDelete